5 Ways to Organize in the New Year
Once the New Year arrives, thought turns to ways to improve our health, our finances and our schedules. Getting organized in one of the most common New Year’s Resolutions, along with losing weight and finding love; if it’s one of yours as well, here are 5 great ways to get organized.
1. Create a Cleaning Schedule – Everyone likes a clean home but very few people like a huge cleaning project. Build a schedule which allows you to clean as you go – daily tasks which are quick and easy to accomplish as part of the routine. We have designed an easy printable weekly chore chart for you to download here.
2. Pull out the Crock Pot – Planning meals are easy with a crock pot or pressure cooker. Start your evening meal before you leave for work.
3. Enlist Help – Everyone in the household can help out with daily tasks. Hold a meeting and assign each person with tasks and chores that best suit their interests.
4. Set Goals – Create manageable and quantifiable goals and measure the achievement weekly.
5. Prioritize – The most important way to organize your life is to set priorities. Not everything has to be accomplished all at once. Be realistic and start small. Set goals based on what’s most important.
Of course having a home that is functional from the start is always helpful. At Carter Homes we design and build for lifestyle, functionality, and aesthetics. For more information on building your dream home with Carter Homes, contact us here.